What is Cannabis?
Cannabis (A.K.A. marijuana, weed, pot, bud, etc) is a psychoactive drug, which means it alters brain function. The cannabis plant can be used for recreation or medical purposes. Cannabis is made up of many compounds, including:
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
- Tetrahydrocannabinol is the principal psychoactive constituent of cannabis and one of at least 113 total cannabinoids identified on the plant.
- Cannabinol (CBD)
- Non-psychoactive compound that is used to impart a feeling of relaxation & calm.
What are the varieties of the cannabis plants?
Although THC and CBD concentrations are important to defining plant characteristics, strains are generally broken up into three groups; Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid.
- Indica strains are believed to be physically relaxing, perfect to enjoy before bed. They’ve been reported to help consumers relax, reduce pain, spasms, inflammation, and anxiety, and provide more of a “body high.”
- Sativa strains are more invigorating, uplifting effect that go great with social activities and creative projects. These have more of a “head high.”
- Hybrid strains are the most common strains found in the U.S., and fall somewhere in the middle of Sativas and Indicas in terms of their effects.
How is cannabis consumed?
Cannabis can be inhaled, digested, or used as a topical. You should use proper dosing and titration for each different route of administration with emphasis on using the smallest amount possible to achieve the desired effect, different strains have different effects. Strain specific information can be found on leafly.com.
- Fastest method of delivery, an almost instant effect.
- When inhaled, the majority enters the body through the lungs when they are passed directly into the bloodstream.
- There are two ways to inhale cannabis, smoking and vaporizing.
- Ingested orally in the form of an edible, capsule, or oil.
- Slower onset than inhalation.
- Effects are stronger and last longer than inhalation.
- Durations of effect range from 2-6 hours.
- Amount consumed can be unclear. Start slow, 5mg is a great starting point for most consumers.
- Placed under the tongue & held in the mouth to absorbed into the bloodstream through the blood vessels.
- Time of onset is similar to oral consumption, however, some studies have reported an earlier onset.
- Includes lotions, salves, bath salts, & oils.
- Applied to the skin with a goal to reduce pain & inflammation when applied to specific areas of the body.
- A non-psychoactive use of cannabis *drug policy alliance 2019
Did you know?
The effects of cannabis can last for days or sometimes weeks, depending on how much is consumed.*national institution on drug abuse 2015
Things to keep in mind
- Start low and go slow. If you aren’t sure where to start, start with 5mg or less. By ingesting smaller amounts, you will have better control over the overall experience and more effectively achieve your desired results. Wait at least an hour after consuming before trying more, as the effects can be delayed longer for some people.
- Do not drive/operate machinery after consuming cannabis. When under the influence of marijuana, driving is prohibited by M.G.L. c. 90, § 24, and machinery should not be operated.
- Do not cross state lines with cannabis products.
- Cannabis products are not recommended for women that are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- Do not mix cannabis with alcohol.
- If the effects are becoming too strong, try to stay calm and in a comfortable and safe environment. The undesirable effects will subside with time.
- Store securely in the original, resealable packaging. Keep away from children and household pets.
- Do not consume in public areas, as it is prohibited by state and local law.
- You cannot legally purchase more than 1 oz of flower or 5 grams of concentrate within the same day.
- You may not sell marijuana to any other individual. Fraudulent distribution or resale of marijuana is a felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison.
- Marijuana has not been analyzed or approved by the FDA. There is limited information on side effects and there may be health risks associated with using marijuana.
While cannabis addiction is not common, it is possible. If you are concerned about your consumption or someone you know, please visit the National Institute of Drug Abuse.
For information on treatment programs, substance abuse & mental health services administrations please visit https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ or their toll free hotline 1800-662-HELP.
Go slow & know your limits. Only use Cannabis if you are 21 or older.
What is Delivered, Inc?
Delivered, Inc (Delivered) is a minority owned and operated business delivering your favorite cannabis products to your doorstep. Simply place an order on our website with a valid, unexpired, government-issued photo ID containing your birth date and its expiration date, and then sit back while we deliver your cannabis to your door.
When will Delivered begin delivering cannabis?
Delivered is in the final licensing steps and expects to begin delivering by 4/20/23. To be among the first to receive an order, sign up now for our email list here.
Who can order cannabis from Delivered?
Only adults 21 years or older with a valid, unexpired, government-issued photo ID containing your birth date and its expiration date, are able to order cannabis from Delivered. You are only able to order and receive an order once a day.
How can I place an order?
Simply browse our online menu, choose your products, your delivery window, how you will pay, and then sit back, smoke a j, and wait for the next one to arrive. Delivery updates will be sent to your cell phone via text.
How can I pay for Delivered?
You can pay online via a safe and secure ACH transfer using our third party partner at checkout, or you can pay upon delivery with cash.
How do I receive my order?
Upon arrival, a delivery agent will meet you outside your residence, inspect your ID, and you will receive and sign for your order. The individual who placed the order must be the individual who receives the order.
Where and when does Delivered deliver?
Delivered will deliver to residential addresses within permitted municipalities within a 15 mile radius of our warehouse in Clinton. This will allow us to deliver your cannabis within 3 hours of ordering. The following towns and cities are within our initial delivery radius and allow for cannabis delivery – Clinton, Berlin, West Boylston, Worcester, Shrewsbury. We cannot deliver to businesses, hotels/commercial lodging establishments, federal public units, nor colleges or universities. Deliveries will take place between 12pm-8pm.
What is the minimum order?
Minimum order size is $50.
Are returns or refunds allowed?
Unfortunately we cannot not accept returns, however if a product is found to be defective Delivered Inc will credit the item for an equal exchange.
How do I submit a Delivered delivery request?
Please visit our website at www.deliveredinc.co and submit your order request via contact form. To request a customer delivery window please submit a request to email@example.com.
What types of products does Delivered offer?
We offer a wide range of cannabis products including dry flower, edibles, concentrates, and topicals.
Are there any order maximums or limits?
Per state law, you are only allowed to purchase up to one ounce of cannabis (or the equivalent in other cannabis products). You also are limited to one order per day, regardless of the quantity purchased. Multiple orders may be placed to the same residence given that each order is placed by an adult 21 years of age or older with a valid ID.